Chicken Mummies…week 1

We are now one week into our chicken mummy project.  A few changes were made…I got tired of trying to keep the chickens covered while inside the bags so we switched them over to an old tupperware container. 

Labeled of course.

This works better for a couple of reasons…first because it’s easier to keep the chickens covered and second because it gives me a place to work over so we don’t get used salts all over everything.

We have changed the salts four times already; at 1 day, 3 days, 5 days and today.  Things are drying out nicely as far as I can tell.  There is no smell beyond a very slight mold smell and the smell of the cinnamon. 

Here’s a look at one of the little guys!

It is really hard to get all the natron salts off the chickens without using water.  Since I haven’t wanted to reintroduce moisture into the equation, I’ve just done my best to remove it using my hands and a dry paper towel. 

Here you see the chicken freshly re-entombed.  All cozy and ready to go for another 3-4 days!

Chicken Mummies-the beginning

Chicken Mummies-the wrap up

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: